- dog trainer
- class volunteer
- daycare, supervisor
- daycare, full-time
- daycare, part-time
dayschool Trainer, part-time
We are currently accepting applications.
We believe in dogs, do you?
part-time dayschool position
The hours for a part-time dayschool Trainer range from 0 to 35 hours per week, with the average being 16.5 hours, depending on the number of dogs and the time of year.
You must be available Monday to Friday for the part-time shifts:
- 10:30am – 3:00pm
- 3:00pm – 6:30pm
The part-time dayschool position is also responsible for vacation coverage throughout the year. During vacation coverage you would work five days per week, with the weekly hours ranging from 22 – 40. The vacation calendar is done a minimum of four weeks in advance. Over the time period of one year, this works out to an average of 20 hours per week.
You must be available Monday to Friday to cover all part-time and full-time shifts. The shifts are:
- 6:00am – 3:00pm
- 7:00am – 4:00pm
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
- 9:00am – 6:00pm
- 10:00am – 6:45pm
As a dayschool Trainer, you are responsible for the flow, function and management of day-to-day operations of dayschool during your scheduled hours. From interacting with dogs, supervising play, taking dogs on their daily walks, practicing skill reinforcement, documenting each dog’s progress, and following a cleaning schedule, each day will require flexibility, awareness and teamwork. You are comfortable around dogs of all breeds and sizes, and willing to develop your handling skills and proficiency at canine communication, signals and play styles. You will be part of the team responsible for engaging all dogs mentally and physically throughout the day, so quick reflexes and a keen eye are important too. You will document each dog’s progress to ensure clients are receiving an accurate reflection of how their dog interacts and progresses through his/her dayschool experience. Your overall role is to provide exceptional support to our customers while they are away from their dog.
- work with your team to oversee the flow, function, and operations of dayschool to ensure all needs of clients and dogs are being met according to clevercanines’ standards and expectations
- welcome everyone who enters the facility to make them feel important, valued and comfortable
- check in, interact with, walk, clean up after, and check out dogs
- assist in the development of policy and procedures unique to dayschool
- supervise play, practice skill reinforcement, engage dogs
- provide daily progress updates for every dog through our database for monthly report cards
- ensure all progress and daily updates are tracked and recorded
- document client conversations, requests, compliments, concerns, etcetera in our database and communicate to the dayschool manager and/or office team as necessary
- be accountable for the cleanliness of the facility, and understand client impressions and quality control
- phone clients when necessary, such as for dog’s first day
- be the liaison with and warmly welcome any other clevercanines team members who are utilizing the space for clinics, workshops or other classes
- on closing shifts, help with set up of packshack to prepare for the scheduled evening class/event (if applicable)
- ensure all required materials are noted and communicated for stocking and restocked as required
skills and attributes
- customer service driven
- pure interest in canine play, behaviour, and communication styles
- solid conflict resolution skills
- understanding of how to use empathy to motivate, encourage and/or support
- confidence with all breeds, ages and behaviours
- high level of physical fitness
- natural enjoyment of the outdoors in all conditions
- positive attitude
- open mind
- open to constructive criticism and coaching
- time management skills
- sales and marketing skills
- ability to work independently
- responsible and reliable
- ability to take initiative
- passion for helping people and their dogs achieve a balanced lifestyle
- flexibility in work hours
- basic computer skills
wage and benefits
The starting salary for dayschool Trainers is $15.00, which is paid hourly. You will receive minimum wage for all field training shifts and mandatory staff meetings. Becoming part of the clevercanines team also gives you additional perks, such as free training programs, a great discount off dayschool visits, free club360 membership, staff discounts at various retailers, and more.apply now!
It’s not only about clevercanines choosing you, it’s also about you choosing us! We believe that finding the right fit goes both ways.
Read all the information found on these recruiting pages, specifically the tabs marked “welcome”, “expectations”, and the position(s) you are interested in applying for. Have a clear understanding of what would be expected of you should you join our team.
We recommend becoming as familiar with our company as you can. From reviewing our website, understanding our core values, philosophy, and programs we offer, social media platforms, etcetera. Again, it’s about you feeling we are a great fit for you.
Identify which position(s) you believe you would be a great fit for.
If you think you would be a great fit for our team, then continue to step two.
Complete this application form
You will be asked to attach your resume and cover letter in the application form, so be sure you have it ready. The format we prefer is PDF. Please do not send your resume and cover letter separately.
clevercanines will only contact those applicants that have been selected to move to the next step of our recruiting process. If you are selected, we will contact you via the email address provided by you on your application form. All previous steps must be completed prior to being invited to complete the next steps or being invited to the interview.