- dog trainer
- class volunteer
- daycare, supervisor
- daycare, full-time
- daycare, part-time
We are currently hiring for a full-time supervisor!
We believe in dogs, do you?
This fast-paced position will oversee and run the day-to-day operations of our services. The most important part of this role is to ensure the success of clevercanines dayschool at all times. This individual will hold the vision of the company, take initiative and be proactive in taking action or making decisions that move towards that vision.
In addition to the daily duties of a dayschool Trainer, the dayschool Supervisor is responsible for client satisfaction, ensuring staff compliance with company procedures and policies, providing team leadership, and ensuring staff maintain facility cleanliness and dog health and safety standards. The Supervisor will provide leadership to employees and address client needs in a timely manner. This individual will uphold and grow the facility reputation through exceptional client service and holding staff to high standards. This position is responsible for maintaining accountability and safety for a team of up to 15 employees and a facility of up to 80 dogs per day, as well as a seamless execution in an operationally intense environment!
The dayschool Supervisor will work closely with the Management Team in the development of processes, systems, sales opportunities, hiring new team members, ideas, and solutions that will support the flow and function for the team, the dog’s in our care, and the clients. This will include the documentation and writing of new policies and process.
key duties and responsibilities
- welcome all visitors (staff, clients, potential clients, or other guests)
- overall cleanliness of entire facility, which includes: ensure the facility is dust/hair/dirt free, storage areas are kept clean and organized, desks and shelves are clutter free, and see to it that everything has a place, oversee weekly deep clean, cleanliness of equipment
- overall appearance of facility, including ensure posters, tools, etc. are in good condition, replacing items when they are tired
- mange all facility and repairs through to completion
- attend all company functions and participate in all company events and initiatives
team management and support
- ensure team members are doing the right things at the right time
- ensure team members are following the schedule, all guidelines, and processes
- ensure team members are doing everything they can to provide an exceptional client experience, provide superior care and safety to all pets, and take pride in the environment they work in
- ensure team members are making suggestions to clients of other company offerings that can support their dog
- delegating as necessary to ensure all daily/weekly/monthly tasks and expectations are completed
- monitor inventory of equipment and supplies, order when necessary
- manage Custodian position and communicate specific requirements for weekly deep clean; ensure deep clean is being properly completed
- support team members with issues or concerns as they arise
team development and training
- participate in hiring for all service related positions
- new hire training
- ongoing training
- train staff on new process and training focuses
- motivate and inspire team
- provide performance evaluations
- create PIP (Performance Improvement Plan) and facilitate the execution of it, when necessary
- ensure all policies and procedures are being followed: such as dress code, cell phone policy, attendance, cleaning, play group creation, note documentation, etc.
- identify employee or client issues and work with management on solutions
- manage and update training check lists
- make recommendations to management about employees who may be good candidates for promotions, cross training, be better suited in a different role, or show signs that they may not be a good fit for the position
communication and reports
- daily interaction with clients in a professional manner
- check in with management team daily
- communicate key messages to team as directed by management
- communication of guest, employee and client concerns as they arise, to management
- attend all departmental and leadership meetings
- report unresolved software issues (that you weren’t able to troubleshoot on own)
- offer suggestions to processes and policies
- write new processes and policies as required, following company standards
- written documentation of all employee updates. performance, violations, successes, ideas, etc.
- recognize employee birthdays and anniversaries
- ensure client notes are up to date, honest, and completed each shift
- monitor NPS (Net Promotor Score) and implement suggestions for improving score
- canine assessment reports
- reporting as outlined by management
- day to day operations of a dayschool Trainer, which includes: following schedule as written, creation of play groups, manage arousal, daily walks, daily training, documentation of notes
- understand all company offerings and make recommendations to clients
- review and assess service registration forms
- first day dog assessments: perform canine assessments, review, make recommendations, approve or deny client participation
- recognize, anticipate, evaluate, document, communicate guest health and behaviour concerns
- make recommendations for protocols to be used by internal team or by clients
- cover open shifts as required (may occasionally result in a 12.5 hour day)
- receive text or phone calls after hours for emergency situations and organize any last minute schedule changes
- facilitate social media initiatives and process as outlined by the company
education, training, experience, requirements
- 2+ years of direct management experience of a team of 5 or more employees
- valid drivers licence
- smart phone
- personal vehicle
- special consideration will be given for individuals with prior management experience in fast food, retail or any fast paced previous management role
- special consideration will be given for individuals with prior dog daycare experience
- professional experience with dogs is NOT required
job skills, competencies
- proven customer service skills
- confident and professional demeanour
- professional and refined communication skills, both written and oral
- passion for growth; avid reader
- effective delegation skills
- problem solving skills
- difficult conversation and conflict resolution skills
- excellent organizing, time-management, and prioritizing skills
- strong attention to detail
- skills in team development and staff training
- adaptable, solutions focused, flexible
- ability to handle stress and make decisions quickly
- self starter who takes initiative and is proactive
- minimum 50 words per minute typing speed
- proficiency in Mac, and Apple based software
- moderate proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- applied working knowledge of different social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
- maintain a professional and neat appearance in compliance with dress code
- walking for an average of two hours a day, outdoors in all weather
- standing on feet for majority of each shift; 6 to 8 hours
- ability to move quickly while maintaining balance; occasionally a light jog
- stoop, kneel, crouch, reach, stretch
- climbing one flight of stairs
- lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
- average hours range from 35 to 40 hours per week, however this is an exempt-level position and therefore hours worked per week are based on business volume and staffing needs, and therefore may occasionally exceed 40 hours per week
- hours will most often be between 5:45am and 6:45pm, with the occasional evening or weekend requirement for training, meetings, or other company requirements
- must use personal smart phone to communicate after-hours with team or management
- must have personal vehicle and willing to use it to transport pets in rare or emergency situations, including taking them to a vet if necessary
This position is Monday to Friday and will most often cover the closing shift: 10am to 6:45pm, however, this position may be needed to cover any of the full-time shifts:
- 6:00am – 3:00pm
- 7:00am – 4:00pm
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
- 9:00am – 6:00pm
- 10:00am – 6:45pm
wages and benefits
The salary for the dayschool Supervisor ranges from $39,000 to $44,000 yearly, based on direct experience. You will receive health benefits and two weeks vacation annually. You will receive minimum wage for all field training shifts and mandatory staff meetings. Becoming part of the clevercanines team also gives you additional perks, such as free training programs, a great discount off dayschool visits, free club360 membership, staff discounts at various retailers, and more.apply now!
It’s not only about clevercanines choosing you, it’s also about you choosing us! We believe that finding the right fit goes both ways.
Read all the information found on these recruiting pages, specifically the tabs marked “welcome”, “expectations”, and the position(s) you are interested in applying for. Have a clear understanding of what would be expected of you should you join our team.
We recommend becoming as familiar with our company as you can. From reviewing our website, understanding our core values, philosophy, and programs we offer, social media platforms, etcetera. Again, it’s about you feeling we are a great fit for you.
Identify which position(s) you believe you would be a great fit for.
If you think you would be a great fit for our team, then continue to step two.
Complete this application form – This position is currently filled, however we are always accepting applications which will be kept on file for 6 months.
You will be asked to attach your resume and cover letter in the application form, so be sure you have it ready. The format we prefer is PDF. Please do not send your resume and cover letter separately.
clevercanines will only contact those applicants that have been selected to move to the next step of our recruiting process. If you are selected, we will contact you via the email address provided by you on your application form. All previous steps must be completed prior to being invited to complete the next steps or being invited to the interview.