Anything is possible for you and your dog. And it starts here.
Our reputation for creating positive, life-changing results for our clients is built on this comprehensive program. core is lifestyle training – we teach you how to educate your dog. With a deep understanding of canine behavior and psychology, combined with real-life class experiences, you will have all the tools to create a well-balanced dog that you can manage and keep safe in any situation.
core is a group class that takes place in a variety of locations across the city – parks, neighborhoods, downtown – and even into the mountains.
This one comprehensive program covers everything you need to know to progress from loose-leash walking to having your dog off-leash walking beside you by the course halfway point at 5 weeks! This is all done while helping you become your dog’s greatest reward.
A positive relationship based on mutual trust and respect – that’s the foundation for you to experience freedom with your dog!
Here’s how it works
Our core program is offered twice per year – spring and fall. With three classes per week, you receive continuous support so skills are practiced and reinforced correctly and effectively – ensuring you never have to experience frustration waiting for an answer or to correct your technique. You make continuous progress week after week, and even break bad habits more quickly by reinforcing positive behaviour in this intensive program.
Every class builds on the skills learned in the one before. But if you happen to miss class, we have so many going on each session that we’ll do whatever we can to accommodate a make-up class for you. Each class is 1.5 to 2 hours long and offers lots of opportunity to practice and perfect your skills.
Each class has a truly dedicated team. Your trainer instructs each session, and is also available for you throughout the week. He or she will answer all your questions via email, phone or on a one-on-one basis at class time. In addition, each class has a group of skilled assistants and dedicated volunteers – they are core grads who come back to help because they are passionate about helping you develop a stronger relationship with your dog. This team also comes early and stays late to give you one-on-one support and assistance. Handouts, homework and valuable information seminars will round out your education for the most comprehensive canine education experience!
core can be a great solution for behavior challenges you’d like to better understand and manage. And the group class setting provides a positive environment for you and your dog to learn together. This is also a great program if you’re looking to try something new or different and just have fun with your dog. Regardless of your goal, the outcome is the same: the ability to have a life with your dog beyond your expectations.
Here’s what you can expect:
- A 2 hour introductory seminar prior to class with inspiring information to set the stage for your training
- Over 28 classes available over 10 weeks
- 20+ different class locations
- A 4 hour workshop on Canine Communication and Signals
- A 3 hour workshop on Goals and Influence
- In-class application of fundamental canine psychology and behaviour
- Progression from on-leash to off-leash walking – LEASH FREE in six weeks!
- Basic skills: loose-leash walking, focus, recall, patience, stay
- Basic obedience: sit, down, stand, stay, recall, let’s go, wait
- Advanced skills: stop, distance work, distractions
- Safety: urban, stairs, vehicles, travel, park
- Greetings: human to dog, dog to dog
- Canine massage
- Basic canine first aid and emergency responder protocols
- Praise and reward: learn how to truly Be the Cookie
- A specific class for reactive or shy dogs
- A specific class for dogs who socialize well with other dogs
- New experiences: shopping, outdoor agility, off-leash play
- Games, mental stimulation, play and contests
- Canine Olympics wrap up event
- Social events at least twice during the 10 weeks
- Getting your specific behaviour issues addressed
- Opportunity for ongoing support and to connect with like-minded dog owners
- Access to an interactive library full of supporting material
- core Journal
- Two or three instructors, plus volunteers, in every class for complete support
- Graduation gifts
- 10% off coupon on your purchase of required gear (leash/collar) from Unleashed
- 15% off coupon on outdoor gear from Out There
- SO MUCH MORE!
Over 25 hands-on classes, 3 times a week
Each hands-on class is 1.5 to 2 hours long
9 hours total seminar time
This comprehensive program is $975 (including GST)
(includes a minimum of 50 hours of instruction)
50% off regular price for a second dog from the same house enrolled in the same session
Save 10% by completing pupstart or jumpstart prior to taking core, or for taking the core another time.
club360 members can save up to 25%.
Graduates of core are eligible for clevercanines dayschool.
Martingale collar and six foot leash (the JacTrac “Trainers Edition” hands-free leash is recommended but optional)
(As a core participant, you will have an option to purchase a special edition clevercanines hands-free leash for only $35!)